Thursday, December 30, 2010

ICE LIGHTS

 My wife puts out several lighted fixtures in the yard for Christmas decorations. We don't string lights on the house like Clark Griswold, but we do have about 10 different lighted ornaments. This particular ornament is a lights rope Christmas Tree that spirals up around center stake to a lighted star at the top. Very colorful.
 When we pulled in the driveway from our 5 hour jaunt back from West Tennessee, the ornament was a little brighter. It was sitting under a corner of the eave on our front porch. The 4 inches of snow apparently clogged up the drains so the melting at that corner came down on to the tree and froze as icicles on the spiraled rope lights.
  When it got completely dark, Melissa turned on her lights and it was really beautiful. So I unloaded the camera and had to take some pics.
  I really like light bursts so I got in close with a small aperture.  My free, downloaded HDR software does not handle any real bright light very well, so after a few tries I once again enlisted the help of brother Jim for some expert processing.  He came through once again.

Details: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Canon 50mm f/1.8mm lens, ISO 100, 3 exposure HDR at f/16

1 comment:

  1. Man, that looks a lot better than what I remember it did! Ncie shot!

    ReplyDelete