Saturday, February 5, 2011

HANGING ON


Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 lens @ 46mm, Macro Attachment, ISO 100, f/8, 1/500 sec
   Another reach into the Denham Photography archives for today's post.  One evening back in the spring, right after a good little rain shower, I took out into my front yard to take some pics of my wife's colorful flowers. I caught several nice photos of those flowers which she has used to decorate our bedroom. 
  On this very same afternoon that I also achieved the shot for one of my very first posts, STICKING OUT IN A CROWD, I lucked into this one. 
  This is the edge of a leaf on one of the Maple trees in my front yard.  The sun was out right after the rain shower and this little drop of rain clinging on this leaf was screaming to be photographed.  With my macro attachment mounted on my lens I was able to get extremely close. With it being a macro, even at f/8 the background was completely blurred. This also allowed for a small sunburst on the upper part of the rain drop.

7 comments:

  1. Great composition Jerry! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image is simply beautiful, I love the shallow field, we focused on seeing the detail of the drop on the sheet, the combination of colors is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Oscar. That means a lot to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. Amazing capture, man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Heath. Appreciate the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous image Jerry, I LOVE it! That DOF really does it here for sure, my friend.

    ReplyDelete