Tuesday, February 15, 2011

TEETH

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Canon 50mm 1.8 II, ISO 100, 3 Exposure HDR @ f/2.8
  When I left work this evening it was sunny and 60°F and beautiful outside. I didn't have anywhere I had to be for the first time over a week so I was bound to go and take some shots somewhere.
  I had been eying this particular scene for a while now, and finally took the opportunity catch some brackets.  There was a tractor that had this particular roller contraption attached to it.  Next to it was a bull dozer that had the front bucket resting on top of it.
  When I got up close to this roller, I noticed that the teeth were rotating back around in a diagonal line instead of a straight line.  I thought this made for an interesting, grungy shot that fit perfect up close and personal with the 50mm lens.
  Processed this using the Mantiuk Style HDR in QTPFSGUI. Normally, I use the Fatal Style because it tends to render the image more realistically than Mantiuk.  But this style brought out the detail of the old rusty and worn teeth and roller. Added just a tad of soft focus in Picasa.

4 comments:

  1. There's that fast 50 again. Terrific image and the processing is spot on. Great job, Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much appreciated, John! Fast 50 to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the DOF on this one. Colors and texture are quite nice as well.

    ReplyDelete