Saturday, March 12, 2011

LIGHTHOUSE AT DUSK

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 lens @ 41mm, ISO 800, 3 Exposure HDR @ f/8
  Using some tips Dave Wilson posted on his web site, HDR Tip #2 – Shooting Handheld for HDR, I tried to catch the lighthouse at Hunting Island, SC as I was leaving and the sun was going down.  I framed up the shot, held my elbows in tight, and fired off a set of 3 brackets.
  I processed these brackets using the Mantiuk method in QTPFSGUI and unfortunately this gets a little grainy. It did give me the color I was looking for that any of the other methods in QTPFSGUI didn't. I also used the alignment tools in the software to align the shots and it did a realatively good job.
  For my first hand held multi-shot bracketing I was very happy with the results.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be honest, many of my favorite HDR images that I have made myself were handheld. I had to google QTPFSGUI :-)

    I really like the color and think that the texture you added works very well, but for me the light on the base of the lighthouse is stunning.

    ReplyDelete