Wednesday, March 30, 2011

PURPLE MACRO

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 lens @ 43mm, Zeikos Macro Attachment, ISO 100, f/8, 1/50 sec.
  Continuing with my macro madness in the yard on Tuesday, today's post is slightly different from yesterday's.  The focal length is a little further away at 43mm and it allows for a little more blurred background to play with.
  I don't know the name of this flower and neither did my wife.  They are within a bush-like plant that hugs close to the ground but spreads out and completely covers the ground.  When these flowers bloom they completely cover the plant.  This particular cropping hasn't reached full bloom yet and even though there are several there, they don't cover the plant completely yet.
  Took some pics of these flowers last year but none were as crisp as this one and I don't remember the orange stem reaching out of the center of last year's shots.

2 comments:

  1. How absolutely beautiful Jerry, GREAT photo! Love the DOF here and the colors, really makes for a wonderful image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Toad. I fight the macro attachment for DOF. This was shot at f/8 in order to try and get a little more than the macro will let me. It's a tremendous little tool but creates a DOF battle with me.

    ReplyDelete