Monday, May 16, 2011

RIVER ROAD MIST

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 lens @43mm, ISO 100, f/16, 8 sec.
  Beings that it has been 3 weeks since I have gone into the forest and taken pictures, I have resorted to going through some of the archived shots on my computer.  This particular shot was taken last month over on N. River Rd in the Cherokee National Forest.
  After zooming up to full size on the original photo, it occurred to me that the cropped image actually becomes a more intimate shot than the original frame.  The mist from the long exposure is accented much more and the detail of the rocks is enhanced a lot more.
  Really love the way the long exposure gives the water a foggy/misty look. This is one of the reasons I love shooting moving water. Just by changing the exposure, the water takes on different looks.
  Planning on getting back into the forest this weekend. I will try to get closer to the subject, whether by moving closer or zooming, and achieve some greater detail like this.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Looks like an awesome place. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long exposures do create a great effect - nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love this shot, Jerry! The tones are exquisite! Love the blue-ish feel to the overall picture. And the details are totally top drawer my friend! Hope you get a chance to get out and grab some more soon, my friend.

    ReplyDelete