Thursday, May 31, 2012

RETURNING TO THE SCENE

ISO 400, f/20, 0.6 seconds, 19mm
 Last September, Tim Owens and I found a goldmine of a shooting spot in Tremont of the Great Smoky Mountains. In November I found out that a photo by professional photographer Ian Plant, Vernal Impulse, inspired me to approach photographing waterfalls and streams from different angles than the norm. On that September day, in Tremont, I took a shot that I was terribly excited about and found out it was only about 4 ft from where Ian Plant took his in Vernal Impulse. Here is mine from September.
  On Monday morning, Tim and I once again were milling around in Tremont and we stopped at the same spot again. I did find some new compositions to shoot from, but I also went back to the same spot I had photographed in September and tried to get a similar angle. With it being Spring, there was a lot more water in the river and could not get the same angle as before. I actually got more of the angle that Ian Plaint did in Vernal Impulse. Not exactly the same, but close.
  I will probably take more shots from this very rock in the future, especially at different times of the year. Also because it is kind of trophy to me as an inspiration for my photography.

1 comment:

  1. That is a sick spot. I would love to find one like this. Well done, this picture is stupendous.

    ReplyDelete