Saturday, August 4, 2012

CLINGING AT THE DOME

ISO 100, f/8, 1/50 Second, 35mm
  I can honestly now say that I have been to the highest point in the Smoky Mountains! My buddy Tim Owens and I hiked up to Clingman's Dome this morning. All 6643 feet of it.
  Unfortunately, when we got to the observatory tower at the top of the 1 mile hike, all we found was cloud cover. It seemed like fog but at that altitude, the clouds covered all views from the top.
  As my good friend John Deas says, if God deals you lemons, you make lemonade. Tim and I tried to capture some moody pics of some of the neat pines, hemlock, and other trees along the trail. It was actually quite fun trying something different like that.
  This particular shot was of this neat little guy who decided to stick himself out away from the crowd along this hillside. The fog created some moody background behind my little tree and made for some nice mood.
  Something that Tim and I learned after we came down from Clingman's Dome was that the temperature difference from there to Townsend, TN was 25 degrees. It was 69 degrees on the mountain and 94 in Townsend. Wow, what a difference.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on making that ascension to Clingman's Dome, Jerry. Must have been quite an adventure.

    Nice shot of the trees and clouds mixing in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jimi. It's kind of deceiving, the hike is only a mile to the top (although it is straight up hill). You drive most of the way. I just wish we could've had a view that wasn't completely cloud covered.

      Delete
  2. Talk about mystery and drama! I just love this shot, Jerry, what a great capture my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dome Camera is our best product in store.you can use it any where for security reasone.It is very flaxible to set in you office,shopping mall,Bank,Police Station,Stationaty shop, Click Here.

    ReplyDelete