Sunday, November 4, 2012

LINE OF FOG

ISO 100, f/16, 1/6 second, 35mm
  Going back to my images from Cades Cove a couple of weeks ago. The fog hovering through the cove was absolutely amazing. In this shot it looked like the fog was determined to separate this line of trees from both the beautifully colored mountains behind them and from all the people driving by on Scenic Loop Rd.
  I had to crop out some distracting elements and isolate these trees in a panoramic-type shot. If I could have fit a wide angle like this with my 70-300 lens I would've done it in order to flatten the scene with the telephoto lens. Happy with what turned out with the wide angle though.
  Can't wait til spring time comes around and I can catch some of this type of fog with some spring color.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really nice pano, Jerry. I missed fall at the cove. Hope to get there in the spring as well.

    ReplyDelete