Sunday, January 20, 2013

RIGHTEOUS!

ISO 100, f/16, 1/15 second, 24mm
  I wonder what Dory is telling Crush right here? Possibly, what a great sunrise we were treated to this morning.
  Got to drive over to Disney's Art of Animation Resort early this morning and photograph some of the fantastic statues that they have planted all over the resort. It was quite fun. I have to thank Ali Elhajj, Scott Thomas, and Gene Bowker from over on Google + for helping me figure out where to go to find some neat things to shoot at Disney. Would have never went, or even known of this resort if they hadn't clued me in.
  For those of you who have not been to DisneyWorld in Orlando, Florida I highly recommend this resort if you have young kids. All of Disney's resorts have a basic theme to them. This one is based on the successful animated movies that Disney has made. It is split up into 4 separate areas: The Lion King, Finding Nemo, Cars, & The Little Mermaid.  Each area has play areas for the kids, pools, and photo spots throughout the quads between buildings that have these enormous statues of the movie characters.
  I have to hand it Disney. I've been here for conferences and on vacation 6 different times and even though everything is overdone and it is pretty expensive at the parks they do a great job of making sure that a family can have a great time even if they never step foot into one of the theme parks.
  These themed resort hotels are a prime example. The first time I took my family with me on one of these conference trips, we were here an entire week and only went to the Animal Kingdom park while we were here. While I was at my conference during the day, my family spent a lot of time at the pool, which had water slides and play areas to keep them occupied.
  When my day was over, we'd go over to Downtown Disney or Boardwalk and eat,  shop and just sight see. 
  I guess I could never get tired of this place. It brings out the child in all of us. I just wish I could have brought my daughter, Jocy, with me on this trip. The last family visit here was when she was not even 2 years old yet and haven't been able to get her back. She would love it here and really enjoy the theme parks as well as the themed hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment