Saturday, January 5, 2013

TO THE BRIDGE

ISO 400, f/20, 0.6 seconds, 19mm
  The last time I was in Tremont in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, I stopped at the very entrance to Tremont and tried to catch a shot of the Middle Prong of the Little River running up to and under the bridge on Little River Rd. I didn't have my waders with me and really couldn't get the angle I wanted due to not being able to wade out into the stream.
  Today was a different story.
  With my waders in tow, I stopped at the very same spot and waded out in the river and not only did I get the angle I wanted but the tree branches and logs that were laying in the water were covered with icicles and frost and made for a fantastic foreground. After I took my first set of shots I noticed the sun was striking the mountainside in the extreme background and was reflecting on the flat water just in front of the bridge as well. Bonus!
  I pieced together a 3 shot panorama with the branches and rocks in the lower right part of the frame and the cascades from them leading the eye through the shot to the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment