Sunday, March 10, 2013

TREMONT TREE

ISO 400, f/11, 1/5 second, 19mm
  You know sometimes you just have to break the rules.
  Most of the time I try to keep the horizon of an image level in the frame. Today I got a bit "crazy" and while shooting this awesome tree in Tremont of the Great Smoky Mountains this morning I couldn't help myself. Wanting to accent the tree I cranked over the tripod head so it would reach from the bottom left to the top right and stretch the entire length of the frame. The Middle Prong of the Little River running under the tree is slanted quite a bit, but I really like the way this works with the tree.
  Something that I've learned is that no matter what anyone else thinks of your image, as long as you are happy with the outcome, that is most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment